OperationThe unique Pug ´n Fly control system, Veronte Autopilot 1X ads fully autonomous control capabilities to any unmanned system for complete operation, compatible with: UAV, Drone, RPAS, USV, UGV…
- Highly configurable: Veronte control system is fully configurable; payload, platform layout, control phases, control channels… even the user interface layout can be user defined.
- Custom routines:User selectable automatic actions, activated on system event or periodically.
- Actions: phase change, activate payload, move servo, go to, onboard log, parachute release…
- Events: waypoint arrival, inside/outside polygon, alarm, variable range, button…
- Telemetry & log: Embedded datalink for system monitoring and telecommand and customizable user log in both onboard and control station, all with user defined variables and frequency record.
- External sensor: Support for external sensor connection: magnetometer, radar, LIDAR, RPM, temperature, fuel level, battery level, weather…
- Payload & Peripheral: Transponder, secondary radios, satcom transceivers, camera gimbals, motor drivers, photo cameras, flares, parachute release systems, tracking antennas, pass through RS232 & CAN tunnel...
PlatformsThe Veronte Autopilot 1X is designed to control any unmanned vehicle, either aircraft such as: multirotors, helicopters, airplanes, VTOL, blimps… as well as ground vehicles, surface vehicles or many others. Custom flight phases and control channels provide support for any aircraft layout and performance by using the same software and hardware for: UAS, RPAS, Drone, USV / ASV, UGV…
Veronte CloudWith the embedded M2M module for 4G communications, the drone is connected to Veronte Cloud servers. It allows online control of unmanned vehicles, making possible to operate UAVs from the internet and, in consequence, to perform Beyond Line of Sight (BLoS) operations.This feature also enables online UAV telemetry synchronization and remote monitoring, making this autopilot a key instrument for Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems, like Veronte UTM.
- One Click Missions: Through a user-friendly interface, allows operators to program missions (such as mapping, surveillance, delivery…) and execute them doing a single “click”.
- Sense & Avoid: Radar, LIDAR or transponder based, permits to perform collaborative and uncollaborative sense and avoid on autonomous missions.
- Adaptive control: PID auto-tuning during operation, for platforms with variable plant during the mission such as: fumigation aircrafts, cargo delivery, tethered drone...
- Control modes: Fully automatic, fully manual, assisted manual and combined control modes. Selectable at any time during the flight.
- Gimbal / Tracker stabilization and pointing: Target pointing, fixed attitude from platform, fixed attitude from ground and follow control modes.
- Simultaneous operation: Up to 64 units control & multiple control stations with control or monitoring permissions.
- Communications: Satellite and 4G communications for BLOS operations and custom radio modules.
- Wind: Inflight wind estimation for aircraft control correction.
- RTK : Positioning: precise positioning up to cm level is possible with the embedded GNSS module, no extra hardware needed.
- Dual GNSS: Veronte Autopilot embeds dual GNSS for GPS positionin, ennaving GNSS attitude estimation (no magnetometer needed).
- Redundant IMU: Embedded redundant IMU & barometer for increased reliability and performance.
- Environmental Protection: Aluminium enclosure available for adding water protection up to IP67 level and EMI / EMC shielding.
Industries & applications
Safety & CertificationVeronte systems are designed and manufactured following the strictest safety and quality standards. Veronte Autopilot 1X accomplishes DO-178C / ED-12 and DO-254 regulations, being the core of the first 80Kg RPAS issued with a civil airworthiness certificate in Europe. Compliant with STANAG 4671, IEEE STD 830-1998 & STANAG 4703.DDP & evidence documentation package available for UAV / RPAS / Drone certification, valid also for the System Safety Assesment (SSA). Evidence of design and manufacturing available: PSAC, SAS, SCI, PHAC, HAS, HCI, SDP, SVP, SCMP, SQAP, TQP, HVP, HCMP, HQAP, SRD, SSD, SVCP…Veronte Autopilot is also available including triple module redundancy configurations for fail operational systems. Powered with a dissimilar arbiter processor provides redundancy in sensors, processing and datalink. Permitting also the connection of a 4th dissimilar autopilot.Custom failsafe phases with user selectable performance (go home, onsite landing, loiter, parachute release…) on custom activation events, such as: low battery, datalink quality, out of safe area… and FTS (Flight Termination System) output for safety mechanism activation on a control system failure.
User interfaceVeronte Pipe team has developed a highly intuitive control station tool that permits to configure a customized environment to operate. This application permits to control any Veronte based platform using the same interface, from a PC / Tablet running Windows, Linux or MAC.This easy to use tool permits to operate the system with no pilot training. Configurable layout permits to load custom background maps (Google, Bing, Yahoo… or user images), and telemetry displays can be placed as desired on the screen.Mission definition tool has been designed as an on map drawing tool for intuitive path design. On Veronte Pipe, not only waypoints can be defined but also custom links between waypoints, relative waypoints to a moving object, obstacle definition, no go areas... being possible to edit it during the flight.
- Unlimited waypoints & paths
- Curve based navigation
- Cloud connectivity
- Follow me
- Relative missions
- Auto, manual, arcade
- Automations module
- One-click missions
- Adaptive control
- Inflight PID tuning
- GNSS-based attitude
- Custom calculations
- Altimeter fusion
- External sensors
- RTK & RTCM
- Custom flight phases
- Gimbal auto-tracking
- Sense & avoid
- Transponder support
- Situational awareness
- IP67 & EMI protection
- DO178 & DO 254
- Support for certification
- Onboard black box
- Control station log
- On demand telemetry
- Event activated log
- Data encryption
- Dissimilar FTS
- Dual DSP
- Custom user interface
|Weight (Including Radio Module)||190g / 90g (no enclosure)|
|Size||63×39.6×67.9mm / 52.6×34.7x55mm (no enclosure)|
|Temperature Range (No Convection)||-40 to 65ºC|
|Pressure Port Diameter||2.4mm|
|RF Connectors (Radio / GPS / 4G)||SSMA jack female|
|Platform Type||Aircrafts: Fixed wing, VTOL, aerial targets, hybrid systems, multicopters, parafoil, paraglider, surface vehicles…Other: Surface vehicles (USV), ground vehicles (UGV), robot, custom platforms|
|Control Surfaces||Aileron, flap, elevator, rudder, gas, v-tail, x-tail, elevon, flaperon, ruddervator, cyclic, collective, throttle, custom servo mixing…|
|Engine||Electric & combustion, multiple engine support|
|Dynamic Pressure||3Pa (5kt 8km/h sea level) to 6900Pa (206kt 382km/h sea level)|
Up to 1570kt 2900km/h with optional external sensor
|Accelerometers (3 Axes)||±2g to ±16g (sustained maneouver)|
|Rate-gyroscopes (3 Axes)||±125deg/s to ±2000deg/s|
|Magnetometers (3 Axes)||±4 to ±16 Gauss|
Optional external magnetometer fusion
|GPS||Dual GNSS, 72 channels,|
RTK & RTCM – GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
|Voltage||Input voltage sensor|
|Temperature||Internal temperature sensor|
|I / O (On base hardware – Expansion boards available)|
|Vin||2x (6.5-36V) DC|
|Power||5W (w/o M2M) / 9W (3G) / 15W (2G)|
|PWM / GPIO||Up to 16|
|DIGIN||Up to 6|
|VOut||5 & 3.3V|
|400MHz||410-480MHz / 115kbits/s / 120km Encrypted LOS|
|900MHz||902-928MHz / 115kbit/s / 90km Encrypted LOS|
|2.4GHz||2400-2483MHz / 115kbit/s / 30km Encrypted LOS|
|Other||External radio module via RS232, satcom, 4G|
|User Access Level||Unlimited user creation with selectable functionalities|
|Selectable Units||Selectable units or custom unit creation|
|Workspace||Drag & drop telemetry displays (LCD, text, gauge, LED…) with configurable colors & sizes|
|Map View||Selectable form main map sources (google maps, mac, open maps…) or customizable using JPG/PNG images|
|Control||Configurable phases & control channels|
Cascade PID control or adaptive control.
|Advanced Maneuvres||Veronte Pursuit: follow another Veronte equipped aircraf|
Skimming: perform an aggressive maneuver at a low AGL
|Multiple Platforms||Simultaneous platform control from the same control station|
|Multiple Control Stations||Multiple control stations available for controlling or monitoring|
|Route||Intuitive user interface for waypoint & route creation|
Inflight mission edit.
|Mapping Tools||Automatic mapping route generation by selecting the target surface & camera parameters.|
|Payload||Camera gimbal, tracking antenna, transponder, camera shooter…|
|Flight Modes||Fully autonomus flight, assited control & manual control|
|Safety Pitot||Safety pilot can take manual aircraft control at any time during the operation.|
Joystick can be connected by wire to the control station or using an onboard receiver.
|Fail Safe Modes||Configure custom automatic actions to take place on event detection|
Actions: go home, parachute deployment, glide…
Events: flight time, distance, data link lose, GPS lose, waypoint reach, sensor value…
|Warnings||Customizable visual & sound warnings|
|Qualification||DO-178B / ED-12, and DO-254 evidences for airworthiness certification|
|FTS||Dissimilar microprocessors and regulation stages. Configurable output for safety protocol activation on Veronte failure or manual activation|
|Redundancy||Dual & triple module redundant configurations|
|Fault Tolerant||Fail safe, fail operational for redundant configurations|
|Export||No export restrictions, ITAR free|
*Some functionalities may require an export permit. Please contact our team for further details.