Advanced custom operations processing for drones
Some UAV systems require an advanced configuration, needing preconfigured custom operations to be performed during the mission, beyond control system GNC calculations. To this end, open source systems have an open code, so engineers can program at will, but involving a long and tedious job. On the other hand, professional systems usually do not permit custom programming, but they offer an SDK (software development kit for programmers) with which it is possible to modify the code, increasing the development costs and having the need for an experienced programmer. However thanks to operations processing in Veronte Autopilot, it is permitted to set custom operations without coding a line, using a simple and intuitive interface.
Operations processing in Veronte Autopilot has countless practical applications:
- Obtain an average value of the measure of different sensors.
- Integrate own sensors, transforming input signal, such as voltage, to a unit of measure, such as meters, angles, …
- Synchronization of actuators and control surfaces.
- PID output filtering.
- Operations for payload control.
- etc …
Advantages of custom operations processing in Veronte Autopilot
Some of the advantages of the operations processing manager for drones included in Veronte Autopilot are as follows:
- Flexibility of an open system with the reliability and security of a professional autopilot for drones.
- Overcomes the difficulties in the operations definition, without needing to modifying autopilot code.
- Custom operations without programming or changing the code.
- Included in the price, it does not require an SDK.
- DO178 / ED12 qualification is maintained.
- User can choose the priority of the operation.
- It permits to process automatic operations during the drone operation.
- Permits to operate with any system variable and custom variables and sensors
Types of permitted operations embedded in Veronte Autopilot:
- Digital filtering: it permits to filter any signal in the system using a transfer function.
- FXY matrix: it creates a table of coordinates to establish the correlation between three variables.
- Linear expression: sum of the multiplication of variables.
- Limits: it sets a maximum and minimum value for a variable.
- Maximums and minimums: it takes the maximum or minimum value of a group of variables.