Veronte Autopilot Fully autonomous
is a miniaturized high reliability avionics system for advanced control
of unmanned systems. This control system embeds a state-of-the-art suite of sensors and processors together with LOS and BLOS M2M datalink
radio, all with reduced size and weight.
The unique Pug ´n Fly
control system, Veronte Autopilot ads fully autonomous control capabilities to any unmanned system for complete operation, compatible with: UAV, Drone, RPAS, USV, UGV…
- Highly configurable: Veronte control system is fully configurable; payload, platform layout, control phases, control channels… even the user interface layout can be user defined.
- Custom routines:User selectable automatic actions, activated on system event or periodically.
- Actions: phase change, activate payload, move servo, go to, onboard log, parachute release…
- Events: waypoint arrival, inside/outside polygon, alarm, variable range, button…
- Telemetry & log: Embedded datalink for system monitoring and telecommand and customizable user log in both onboard and control station, all with user defined variables and frequency record.
- External sensor: Support for external sensor connection: magnetometer, radar, LIDAR, RPM, temperature, fuel level, battery level, weather…
- Payload & Peripheral: Transponder, secondary radios, satcom transceivers, camera gimbals, motor drivers, photo cameras, flares, parachute release systems, tracking antennas, pass through RS232 & CAN tunnel...
The Veronte Autopilot is designed to control any unmanned vehicle, either aircraft such as: multirotors, helicopters, airplanes, VTOL, blimps… as well as ground vehicles, surface vehicles or many others. Custom flight phases and control channels provide support for any aircraft layout and performance by using the same software and hardware for: UAS, RPAS, Drone, USV / ASV, UGV…
aircraft control from take-off to landing, compatible with any platform configuration: VTOL, flaperons, elevons, custom tail (V, X, T, H…), control w/o ailerons, hybrid…Standard flight phase database including: take-off (catapult, hand launch, runway, airdrop…), climbing, loiter, waypoint route, hover, hold, descending, landing (runway, net, deep-stall, flare, moving platforms, linear landing…), flare… and user customizable phases
for any aircraft behavior customization, user configurable up to PID level.
With the embedded M2M
module for 4G communications, the drone is connected to Veronte Cloud servers. It allows online control of unmanned vehicles, making possible to operate UAVs from the internet and, in consequence, to perform Beyond Line of Sight (BLoS) operations.This feature also enables online UAV telemetry synchronization and remote monitoring, making this autopilot a key instrument for Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems, like Veronte UTM
- One Click Missions: Through a user-friendly interface, allows operators to program missions (such as mapping, surveillance, delivery…) and execute them doing a single “click”.
- Sense & Avoid: Radar, LIDAR or transponder based, permits to perform collaborative and uncollaborative sense and avoid on autonomous missions.
- Adaptive control: PID auto-tuning during operation, for platforms with variable plant during the mission such as: fumigation aircrafts, cargo delivery, tethered drone...
- Control modes: Fully automatic, fully manual, assisted manual and combined control modes. Selectable at any time during the flight.
- Gimbal / Tracker stabilization and pointing: Target pointing, fixed attitude from platform, fixed attitude from ground and follow control modes.
- Simultaneous operation: Up to 64 units control & multiple control stations with control or monitoring permissions.
- Communications: Satellite and 4G communications for BLOS operations and custom radio modules.
- Wind: Inflight wind estimation for aircraft control correction.
- RTK : Positioning: precise positioning up to cm level is possible with the embedded GNSS module, no extra hardware needed.
- Dual GNSS: Veronte Autopilot embeds dual GNSS for GPS positionin, ennaving GNSS attitude estimation (no magnetometer needed).
- Redundant IMU: Embedded redundant IMU & barometer for increased reliability and performance.
- Environmental Protection: Aluminium enclosure available for adding water protection up to IP67 level and EMI / EMC shielding.
Industries & applications
Agriculture & Crop management
Safety & Certification
Veronte systems are designed and manufactured following the strictest safety
and quality standards
. Veronte Autopilot accomplishes DO-178C / ED-12
regulations, being the core of the first 80Kg RPAS issued with a civil airworthiness certificate in Europe. Compliant with STANAG 4671
, IEEE STD 830-1998
& STANAG 4703
.DDP & evidence documentation package available for UAV / RPAS / Drone certification
, valid also for the System Safety Assesment (SSA)
. Evidence of design and manufacturing available: PSAC, SAS, SCI, PHAC, HAS, HCI, SDP, SVP, SCMP, SQAP, TQP, HVP, HCMP, HQAP, SRD, SSD, SVCP…Veronte Autopilot is also available including triple module redundancy configurations for fail operational systems
. Powered with a dissimilar arbiter processor provides redundancy in sensors, processing and datalink. Permitting also the connection of a 4th dissimilar autopilot.Custom failsafe
phases with user selectable performance (go home, onsite landing, loiter, parachute release…) on custom activation events, such as: low battery, datalink quality, out of safe area… and FTS (Flight Termination System) output for safety mechanism activation on a control system failure.
User interface Veronte Pipe
team has developed a highly intuitive control station tool that permits to configure a customized environment
to operate. This application permits to control any Veronte based platform using the same interface, from a PC / Tablet running Windows, Linux or MAC.This easy to use
tool permits to operate the system with no pilot training. Configurable layout permits to load custom background maps
(Google, Bing, Yahoo… or user images), and telemetry displays
can be placed as desired on the screen.Mission
definition tool has been designed as an on map drawing
tool for intuitive path design. On Veronte Pipe
, not only waypoints can be defined but also custom links between waypoints, relative waypoints to a moving object, obstacle definition, no go areas
... being possible to edit it during the flight.
- Unlimited waypoints & paths
- Curve based navigation
- Cloud connectivity
- Follow me
- Relative missions
- Auto, manual, arcade
- Automations module
- One-click missions
- Adaptive control
- Inflight PID tuning
- GNSS-based attitude
- Custom calculations
- Altimeter fusion
- External sensors
- RTK & RTCM
- Custom flight phases
- Gimbal auto-tracking
- Sense & avoid
- Transponder support
- Situational awareness
- IP67 & EMI protection
- DO178 & DO 254
- Support for certification
- Onboard black box
- Control station log
- On demand telemetry
- Event activated log
- Data encryption
- Dissimilar FTS
- Dual DSP
- Custom user interface
Please ask our team for further detail on Veronte Autopilot capabilities and custom integration
within your platform. For first integrations, please check our Veronte Autopilot Kit.