Veronte Autopilot 1X
- Veronte Autopilot 1X is a miniaturized high reliability avionics system for advanced control of unmanned systems. This control system embeds a state-of-the-art suite of sensors and processors together with LOS and BLOS M2M datalink radio, all with reduced size and weight.Fully autonomous aircraft control from take-off to landing, compatible with any platform configuration: VTOL, flaperons, elevons, custom tail (V, X, T, H…), control w/o ailerons, hybrid…Standard flight phase database including: take-off (catapult, hand launch, runway, airdrop…), climbing, loiter, waypoint route, hover, hold, descending, landing (runway, net, deep-stall, flare, moving platforms, linear landing…), flare… and user customizable phases for any aircraft behavior customization, user configurable up to PID level.
OperationThe unique Pug ´n Fly control system, Veronte Autopilot 1X ads fully autonomous control capabilities to any unmanned system for complete operation, compatible with: UAV, Drone, RPAS, USV, UGV…
- Highly configurable: Veronte control system is fully configurable; payload, platform layout, control phases, control channels… even the user interface layout can be user defined.
- Custom routines:User selectable automatic actions, activated on system event or periodically.
- Actions: phase change, activate payload, move servo, go to, onboard log, parachute release…
- Events: waypoint arrival, inside/outside polygon, alarm, variable range, button…
- Telemetry & log: Embedded datalink for system monitoring and telecommand and customizable user log in both onboard and control station, all with user defined variables and frequency record.
- External sensor: Support for external sensor connection: magnetometer, radar, LIDAR, RPM, temperature, fuel level, battery level, weather…
- Payload & Peripheral: Transponder, secondary radios, satcom transceivers, camera gimbals, motor drivers, photo cameras, flares, parachute release systems, tracking antennas, pass through RS232 & CAN tunnel...
PlatformsThe Veronte Autopilot 1X is designed to control any unmanned vehicle, either aircraft such as: multirotors, helicopters, airplanes, VTOL, blimps… as well as ground vehicles, surface vehicles or many others. Custom flight phases and control channels provide support for any aircraft layout and performance by using the same software and hardware for: UAS, RPAS, Drone, USV / ASV, UGV…BlimpParafoilMissileGround Vehicle (UGV)Surface Vehicle (USV)RobotsCustom
Veronte CloudWith the embedded M2M module for 4G communications, the drone is connected to Veronte Cloud servers. It allows online control of unmanned vehicles, making possible to operate UAVs from the internet and, in consequence, to perform Beyond Line of Sight (BLoS) operations.This feature also enables online UAV telemetry synchronization and remote monitoring, making this autopilot a key instrument for Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems, like Veronte UTM.
- One Click Missions: Through a user-friendly interface, allows operators to program missions (such as mapping, surveillance, delivery…) and execute them doing a single “click”.
- Sense & Avoid: Radar, LIDAR or transponder based, permits to perform collaborative and uncollaborative sense and avoid on autonomous missions.
- Adaptive control: PID auto-tuning during operation, for platforms with variable plant during the mission such as: fumigation aircrafts, cargo delivery, tethered drone...
- Control modes: Fully automatic, fully manual, assisted manual and combined control modes. Selectable at any time during the flight.
- Gimbal / Tracker stabilization and pointing: Target pointing, fixed attitude from platform, fixed attitude from ground and follow control modes.
- Simultaneous operation: Up to 64 units control & multiple control stations with control or monitoring permissions.
- Communications: Satellite and 4G communications for BLOS operations and custom radio modules.
- Wind: Inflight wind estimation for aircraft control correction.
- RTK : Positioning: precise positioning up to cm level is possible with the embedded GNSS module, no extra hardware needed.
- Dual GNSS: Veronte Autopilot embeds dual GNSS for GPS positionin, ennaving GNSS attitude estimation (no magnetometer needed).
- Redundant IMU: Embedded redundant IMU & barometer for increased reliability and performance.
- Environmental Protection: Aluminium enclosure available for adding water protection up to IP67 level and EMI / EMC shielding.
Industries & applicationsConstructionArchitectureAgriculture & Crop managementMapping & TopographyMining, Oil & GasSurveillance
Safety & CertificationVeronte systems are designed and manufactured following the strictest safety and quality standards. Veronte Autopilot 1X accomplishes DO-178C / ED-12 and DO-254 regulations, being the core of the first 80Kg RPAS issued with a civil airworthiness certificate in Europe. Compliant with STANAG 4671, IEEE STD 830-1998 & STANAG 4703.DDP & evidence documentation package available for UAV / RPAS / Drone certification, valid also for the System Safety Assesment (SSA). Evidence of design and manufacturing available: PSAC, SAS, SCI, PHAC, HAS, HCI, SDP, SVP, SCMP, SQAP, TQP, HVP, HCMP, HQAP, SRD, SSD, SVCP…Veronte Autopilot is also available including triple module redundancy configurations for fail operational systems. Powered with a dissimilar arbiter processor provides redundancy in sensors, processing and datalink. Permitting also the connection of a 4th dissimilar autopilot.Custom failsafe phases with user selectable performance (go home, onsite landing, loiter, parachute release…) on custom activation events, such as: low battery, datalink quality, out of safe area… and FTS (Flight Termination System) output for safety mechanism activation on a control system failure.
User interfaceVeronte Pipe team has developed a highly intuitive control station tool that permits to configure a customized environment to operate. This application permits to control any Veronte based platform using the same interface, from a PC / Tablet running Windows, Linux or MAC.This easy to use tool permits to operate the system with no pilot training. Configurable layout permits to load custom background maps (Google, Bing, Yahoo… or user images), and telemetry displays can be placed as desired on the screen.Mission definition tool has been designed as an on map drawing tool for intuitive path design. On Veronte Pipe, not only waypoints can be defined but also custom links between waypoints, relative waypoints to a moving object, obstacle definition, no go areas... being possible to edit it during the flight.
Main FeaturesPlease ask our team for further detail on Veronte Autopilot 1X capabilities and custom integration within your platform. For first integrations, please check our Veronte Autopilot Kit.*Veronte Autopilot 1X may require additional sensors or accessories and may be subject to export control in order to enable some functionalities and operations. Please ask our sales team for further information.
- Unlimited waypoints & paths
- Curve based navigation
- Cloud connectivity
- Follow me
- Relative missions
- Auto, manual, arcade
- Automations module
- One-click missions
- Adaptive control
- Inflight PID tuning
- GNSS-based attitude
- Custom calculations
- Altimeter fusion
- External sensors
- RTK & RTCM
- Custom flight phases
- Gimbal auto-tracking
- Sense & avoid
- Transponder support
- Situational awareness
- IP67 & EMI protection
- DO178 & DO 254
- Support for certification
- Onboard black box
- Control station log
- On demand telemetry
- Event activated log
- Data encryption
- Dissimilar FTS
- Dual DSP
- Custom user interface
Mechanical Enclosure Anodized aluminium Weight (Including Radio Module) 190g / 90g (no enclosure) Size 63x39.6x67.9mm / 52.6x34.7x55mm (no enclosure) Protection Rating IP67 Mounting M4 screws Temperature Range (No Convection) -40 to 65ºC Pressure Port Diameter 2.4mm RF Connectors (Radio / GPS / 4G) SSMA jack female Vibration Isolation Embedded Compatible Platforms Platform Type Aircrafts: Fixed wing, VTOL, aerial targets, hybrid systems, multicopters, parafoil, paraglider, surface vehicles...Other: Surface vehicles (USV), ground vehicles (UGV), robot, custom platforms Control Surfaces Aileron, flap, elevator, rudder, gas, v-tail, x-tail, elevon, flaperon, ruddervator, cyclic, collective, throttle, custom servo mixing... Engine Electric & combustion, multiple engine support Sensors Static Pressure 15-115kPa Dynamic Pressure 3Pa (5kt 8km/h sea level) to 6900Pa (206kt 382km/h sea level) Up to 1570kt 2900km/h with optional external sensor Accelerometers (3 Axes) ±2g to ±16g (sustained maneouver) Rate-gyroscopes (3 Axes) ±125deg/s to ±2000deg/s Magnetometers (3 Axes) ±4 to ±16 Gauss Optional external magnetometer fusion GPS Dual GNSS, 72 channels, RTK & RTCM – GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou Voltage Input voltage sensor Temperature Internal temperature sensor I / O (On base hardware - Expansion boards available) Vin 2x (6.5-36V) DC Power 5 / 9 / 15W (without data link / 3G data / 2G data) PWM / GPIO Up to 16 RS232 1x RS485 1x DIGIN Up to 6 VOut 5 & 3.3V FTS Deadman outputs CAN Bus 2x ADC 5x EQEP 1x I2C 1x UART 1x USB 1x Data Link 400MHz 410-480MHz / 115kbits/s / 120km Encrypted LOS 900MHz 902-928MHz / 115kbit/s / 90km Encrypted LOS 2.4GHz 2400-2483MHz / 115kbit/s / 30km Encrypted LOS Other External radio module via RS232, satcom, 4G Operation User Access Level Unlimited user creation with selectable functionalities Selectable Units Selectable units or custom unit creation Workspace Drag & drop telemetry displays (LCD, text, gauge, LED…) with configurable colors & sizes Map View Selectable form main map sources (google maps, mac, open maps...) or customizable using JPG/PNG images Control Configurable phases & control channels Cascade PID control or adaptive control. Advanced Maneuvres Veronte Pursuit: follow another Veronte equipped aircraf Skimming: perform an aggressive maneuver at a low AGL Multiple Platforms Simultaneous platform control from the same control station Multiple Control Stations Multiple control stations available for controlling or monitoring Route Intuitive user interface for waypoint & route creation Inflight mission edit. Mapping Tools Automatic mapping route generation by selecting the target surface & camera parameters. Payload Camera gimbal, tracking antenna, transponder, camera shooter... Flight Modes Fully autonomus flight, assited control & manual control Safety Pitot Safety pilot can take manual aircraft control at any time during the operation. Joystick can be connected by wire to the control station or using an onboard receiver. Safety Fail Safe Modes Configure custom automatic actions to take place on event detection Actions: go home, parachute deployment, glide... Events: flight time, distance, data link lose, GPS lose, waypoint reach, sensor value... Warnings Customizable visual & sound warnings Qualification DO-178B / ED-12, and DO-254 evidences for airworthiness certification FTS Dissimilar microprocessors and regulation stages. Configurable output for safety protocol activation on Veronte failure or manual activation Redundancy Dual & triple module redundant configurations Fault Tolerant Fail safe, fail operational for redundant configurations Export No export restrictions, ITAR free
Veronte Autopilot 1X