Workspace on Veronte Pipe is distributed as shown in the following figure.
Each section has the following functions:
- 1 – Main Display: Displays a selectable background map or a plain colour together with most important mission data.
- 2 – Main Menu:
- User: Manage user preferences.
- Setup: Configure Pipe and Veronte autopilot.
- Workspace: Select the way flight information is displayed.
- Mission: Create and edit missions.
- Log: View operation data log and introduce custom events.
- Post Flight: Tools for recorded data analysis.
- License: Manage license preferences.
- Help: Shows help information available.
- 3 – Veronte Panel: Veronte information and telecommand buttons.
- 4 – Veronte Position: Veronte location on the map.
- 5 – Mission: Defined mission on Veronte.
- 6 – Telemetry: Configurable drag & drop flight information displays.
- 7 – Side Panel: Shows linked Veronte information.
Regarding the display items, the ones presented as follows are configurable and can be represented in the Veronte interface:
- Map: Configure the map display items and create extra pop-up maps.
- Cam: Configure displayable information on cam.
- Advanced PFD: Configure Primary Flight Display preferences.
- Stick: Configure virtual sticks for manual control.
- AP: Displays at each moment the plant detected by the system identification process.
- Autotune: Managing the aircraft autotuning.
- Terrain: Configure terrain profile display appearance.
- Gauge: Select the variable to be displayed and configure the appearance.
- Compass: Displays a compass that indicates the aircraft bearing.
- Altimeter: Radial gauge that shows the current aircraft altitude.
Each one of this components can be configured by clicking on it while in the workspace menu. Then the selected display information will appear on the screen allowing the user to change the desired parameters.
Workspace settings allow the user to customize any information to be displayed on the screen for monitoring the operation. Custom workspaces can be created, set any workspace as default in order to open it automatically on system start.
Workspace toolbar is shown below.
|Load||Select the workspace to be displayed or create a new one.|
|Save||For saving current telemetry configuration.|
|Lock||Configured displays can be moved freely and resized along|
the screen. Press lock to avoid display free movement.
|Show||Display or hide workspace elements.|
|Arrange||Displays are ordered in a proper way.|
|Details||Displays any configurable fields.|
Workspace Toolbar Elements
In VerontePipe are available some templates. When the workspace toolbar is open, the following templates can actually be opened:
- Attitude_Adv (Advanced)
- Client HW
- GPS & Radio
Following three images show some of them.
Client HW template
The workspaces can be created from Empty, Create from template or Clone. To do this is sufficient to open the toolbar, then the workspace selection and click on New.
Workspaces can be modified too. The system allows the user change the appearance and when it is completed, it can be saved by clicking on the floppy disk icon present in the toolbar.