This option is used to display a variable on the workspace. In order to display a new variable:
- Go to Workspace and click on New.
2. When a gauge is selected, the system will ask for a Variable to display. The variable selected can be changed easily by clicking on Variable, appearing then the following window.
Once the variable to display has been selected, the way it is shown in the interface is also configurable. Here are some of the different gauge types that can be chosen.
Each gauge type can be configured in its panel and some parameters can be changed:
- Gauge name (Orange)
- Veronte Air or Ground, depending on variable (Blue)
- Variable units and decimals (Red)
- Displayed variable (Green)
- Gauge type, dimensions and position (Black)
One of the options that appear for all the kind of gauges is the customization of the colour according to the value of the variable shown. It is also possible to set alarms when the value is in a predetermined range.
- Select the option Range and a new window will be displayed.
- In the new window, the user can create different ranges, each one having a certain colour and an associated alarm of the ones configured on Pipe Configuration-Preferences-General-Alert_Audioclips.
- Click on the Alarm icon and configure it.
When displaying a chart, it is useful to overlap with transparencies two or more in the same figure to observe their evolution. To do that, Pipe provides the Change Group option. Right clicking on the graph and selecting this item displays a window where the group name can be introduced. If two charts are in the same group, their relative position will be kept unchanged (they will move together).
The option highlighted in red is the option to lock the chart. If all the elements of the group are marked they will move together, if one is not marked it could be moved with respect to the other group elements.