The Magnetometer configuration menu is used to configure an external sensor and select the initial sensor.
The following options are available:
- Initial: allows users to select the initial sensor. It is possible to choose between the following sensors:
- Internal: Veronte uses the internal sensor.
- External: Veronte uses a specific external sensor, HMR2300.
- Integer var sensor: Veronte uses a integer value provided by an external sensor.
- Decimal var sensor: Veronte uses a decimal value provided by an external sensor.
- Edit Rotation Matrix: indicates the orientation of the external sensor with respect to the board.
The following options are available to configure the external sensor, according to the one used.
To configure the magnetometer HMR2300, it is only necessary to Edit Rotation Matrix.
On the other hand, the connection to the serial port is configured in Devices/Others/XPC Uint8.
In this menu it is possible to configure integer variables provided by an external sensor.
When a Integer variable is selected, the previous panel will be shown. In this panel, users select the variables that has been stored in a “user variable” (Green Box) and the operations that will be carried on (Red Box). It is possible use the signal and work with it using a linear or quadratic relation. The following image shows an example of a linear relation.
To configure the connection of a sensor different from the HMR2300, go to Devices/Other/XPC Uint8.
The connection has to be configured using the option Custom message, see section 22.214.171.124 for more information about this.
In this menu, users select flotant variables, these do not requiere a signal treatment.
Magnetometer Configuration – Decimal
The connection has to be done in the same way as the one shown in the Integer section.