This menu contains the parameters needed to configure the GPS 1/2 receiver located in Veronte Autopilot.
The first tab of this menu allows the user to configure the GPS receiver.
The following parameters are configurable in this menu:
- GPS: Meas Rate, defines the minimum time between data acquisition. Accuracy validation time, defines the time till the accuracy validation. Changes of these parameters affects Message rate.
- Precise Point Positioning (PPP): this option is a global precise positioning service, PPP is able to provide position solutions at centimetre to decimetre level.
- Protocols: allows the user to select the different comunication protocols as input or output. One port can handle several protocols at the same time (e.g. NMEA and UBX).
- Distance to mass center: It is used to set the relative distance to mass center from the GPS anntena. This parameter has to be set correctly in order to get a correct value when using GPS Compass.
- Survey in: determines a stationary receiver’s position by building a weighted mean of all valid 3D position solutions. This mode should be activated in a Veronte Ground to enable GPS Differential mode and send corrections to Veronte Air. Two requirements for stopping the procedure must be specified, this end when both requirements are met.
- Minimum duration: defines a minimum amount of observation time regardless of the actual number of valid fixes that were used for the position calculation. Reasonable values range from one day for high accuracy requirements to a few minutes for coarse position determination
- Position accuracy limit: defines a limit on the spread of positions that contribute to the calculated mean.
More information about protocols and configuration can be found here.
SBAS means Satellite Based Augmentation System. It is a set of geostationary satellites that are used to check the status of the signals sent by the GPS Satellites, and to improve the tracking via the correction of atmospheric disturbations, orbit deviations, clock errors and so on. In Veronte Pipe, it is possible to select the satellites that will be used for this purpose (selecting the number that appears in the table of the previous figure), or make the software to automatically choose them according to the location of the platform.
The Message rate options are used to set the time between the messages received at the autopilot. Each one of the different messages can be configured separately: ECEF (earth centred, earth fixed reference system), LLH (latitude, longitude and height), Speed, GPS Time, SV Status (state of the GPS satellite) and so on.
For information about RTCM 3 message list visit this link.