Veronte incorporates two GPS receivers, being both configurable. The default mode is the Navigation mode, which is the common use of the GPS, where the position is determined according to the time that it takes the signal to arrive to the receptor from a series of satellites.
In the following configuration menu, the user can modify the basic parameters related to the GPS.
GPS Sensor Configuration
- GPS Position Error and Velocity Error: here are set the variances of the GPS sensor, being also possible to use the ones that are received at the platform from the satellites signals.
NTRIP stands for Networked Transport of RTCM vía Internet Protocol, and is a way to transmit the position corrections from the ground stations to the GPS receiver. There is more information about this topic on section 220.127.116.11 .
This menu contains the parameters to configure the GPS receiver located in Veronte Autopilot.
The following parameters are configurable in this menu:
- Meas Rate: Defines the time between data acquisition.
- Accuracy validation time: Defines the time till the accuracy validation.
- Survey in: Currently this mode should be activated in a Veronto Ground. If it is enabled the GPS uses “Differential” mode to send corrections to Veronte Air. It is possible to select the minimum duration and the position accuracy limit. Once the GPS accuracy is reach this mode is disabled. Protocol RTCM3 is used.
- Protocols: Allows the user to select the different comunication protocols.
- Distance to mass center: It is used to set the relative distance to mass center.
The Message rate options are used to set the time between the messages received at the autopilot. Each one of the different messages can be configured separately: ECEF (earth centred, earth fixed reference system), LLH (latitude, longitude and height), Speed, GPS Time, SV Status (state of the GPS satellite) and so on.
SBAS means Satellite Based Augmentation System. It is a set of geostationary satellites that are used to check the status of the signals sent by the GPS Satellites, and to improve the tracking via the correction of atmospheric disturbations, orbit deviations, clock errors and so on. In Veronte Pipe, it is possible to select the satellites that will be used for this purpose (selecting the number that appears in the table of the previous figure), or make the software to automatically choose them according to the location of the platform.
This configuration allows using GPS as a compass. This option uses GPS data to work out the DR vector which is displayed on screen.
It is possible to modify the “W” (Weight) value. If it is set to 0, the autopilot will not use the GPS Compass information. Otherwise, the autopilot will use the Magnetometer and GPS Compass information, taking account the “weight” selected by the user.