The custom messages menu enables the configuration of the messages sent trough the serial port and the conversion of the recieved messages to system variables.
Custom Messages Configuration Menu
Depending on the order in which device issue the message
- Big endian is to set the value from left to right
- Little endian is to set the value from right to left
- Mixed endian: Any devices have this format. If you need to configure, please contact us.
Button 1 opens the message content configuration window, where the user creates the custom message to be sent and maps the received ones to the system variables. The structure of the messages is created by adding fields to it. The filed contained within Veronte Pipe are presented as follows.
The bit length of the variable is choosen trough the compression option. The Input/Output section is used to apply a factor and/or offset after the transformation from binary to decimal value. So, for example, if the variable considered is unsigned of 3 bits it can go from 0 to 7 (in decimal), but if there is a conversion expressed as:
- Min: 0
- Max: 0.1
- Min: 0
- Max: 1
The variable value is divided by ten after the transformation, so it will vary between 0 and 0.7 .
Sometimes, control codes are needed for preventing random errors in transmission, where bits frame is operated and the result is sent to the receiver to check it. To do so the CheckSum option is used.
- Back From-Back To: It sets the stage where CRC will be applied
- Endiannes: (Explained above)
- Type: User can choose the type of CRC that will be applied.
The matcher is the field used to send a constant value trough the serial port. The configuration of this field is donde by selecting its length (number of bits) and the value that will contain.
- Nº Bits: Number of bits in which the matcher is performed.
- Value: Just accept this decimal value.
- Mask: Decimal value. This value is converted into binary and accept this binary value and another binary value with the following condition:
It has 0 in the same bit position and the value of the bit position 1 can be 0 or.
Mask = 5 (Decimal Value)
To binary is 0000 0101
This Mask accepts all the values 0000 0x0x, can accept 0, 1, 4 being that
and of course 5=0000 0101
Finally, the skip option is used to skip a certain number of bits within the message.
Skip Nº Bits: Skip the number of bits defined.