The Connections tab contains the options for configuring the connection of Veronte Ground to the PC.
When using Veronte Pipe for first time, it is necessary to configure the connection with Veronte Units. Once it has been done, Veronte Units will be automatically detected by Veronte Pipe (1).
In order to configure the connection of a Veronte Unit :
- Select Preferences (2) in the pull-down menu and enter in the Connections tab (3).
- Select Add (4) and then, if the device is conected using the USB port select the Serial COM. Otherwise, select Ethernet configuration.
- When the connection is completely configured, it is necessary to click on Save Connection in order to make it effective.
In the old versions of Pipe the connections setup can be performed in the Preferences tab.
PC Connection in older versions
PC Ethernet Connection
Veronte unit on the control station must be connected to the same network than the PC running Veronte Pipe. In order to establish communications with Veronte, PC network interface IP must be in the same range as Veronte.
Veronte Autopilot default IP is 192.168.0.106 so PC Ethernet adapter settings must be set on the 0 subnet on first system startup (depending on the version can be 137 instead of 0).
IP can be changed in adapter settings in the Windows control panel.
- Go to control panel – Network – Change adapter settings.
- Select your network adapter, right click – Properties.
- Select TCP/IPv4 – Properties – Advanced options.
Change Adapter IP Address
4. Under IP addresses, add the following:
- IP Address: 192.168.0. X (X can be any number available in your network) | Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- IP Address: 192.168.137. X(old versions of VerontePipe, X can be any number available in your network) | Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
5. Close and save.
Adding Adapter IP Address
Veronte units in version 2.1.x or below requires an IP address of the form 192.168.137.X and from version 2.1.X onwards, Veronte requires an IP address of the form 192.168.0.X. Following the aforementioned steps, your PC will add both of them.