This menu allows the user to modify the general configuration for Veronte Pipe.
IU Scale permits to set the interface scale for adapting the application screen to the screen size on the system.
Alert Audioclips are used to manage audio files used on the application. They can be associated with system alerts on the Workspace configuration. There are nine audio files plus the alert_audioclip.
- To substitute an audio file for another one, the Change button displays a browser to select a mp3/wav file stored in the computer.
- It is possible to return to the standard alert by clicking Default.
To configure the alerts on a certain scenario visit section 5.3 .
In order to perform the altitude estimation, Veronte installs a GIS (Geographic Information System) consisted of two meshes. When creating a mission, the terrain altitude on the mission area is automatically downloaded from the internet.
If the flight operation is carried out in an area where there is not internet connection, the altitude information can be downloaded a priori.
Download Altitude Information
- Select Providers terrain height and press button 1.
2. Click on a quadrant to download the information of that zone into the system.
There are two providers of altitude information in Pipe:
- The first one is the SRTM3 (shuttle radar topographic mission 3) which contains the altitude information for the territories outside the United States (the number 1 is for USA).
- The other one is a server created by Embention with altitude information of areas that do not appear on the SRTM such as Iceland.
Custom Terrain File
Pipe also provides the option of introducing a custom terrain file.
Clicking on Add appears a menu with two options to charge a terrain file in the system:
- Local: allows the user to select a file from the computer.
- Remote: gives the option to introduce a URL (Uniform Resource Identifier) of an altitude provider from both a web or FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server.
Custom Terrain Altitude Source