This tool has a wide range of capabilities, it is used to set a references during the mission creation. Once selected, click on the map and a new window will be displayed to select the type of reference.
In this window is possible to select between 4 types of elements:
- Home: this is used to reference a waypoint as Home. For example, it can be used to made a multicopter return home using the VTol guidance.
- UAV: a waypoint(s) can be linked to this reference and they will move with this.
- Moving Object: it works in the same way that UAV, but now it is possible to use whatever moving object. They have to be configured and associated to a Moving Object in the sniffer.
- Operation Custom Point: it enables to define a fixed reference (it can be moved on the map, but not automatically). This reference can be used when there are a huge number of points. If users refer each point to a reference, user only has to move the reference to move all points or to perform a Phase (if it has the option) in a determined point.
The process to add a reference is explained below:
- Select Reference on the Mission Toolbar and click on New Reference.
- Click on the map and select the type of element.
- Double-click on a waypoint, select Relative and then select the element of interest.
- Finally, configure the relative position of the waypoint, this can be done introducing the offsets or just moving the waypint onto the desired place. A dashed line will appear to indicate that the waypoint is linked correctly.
The following image illustrates this process.