RTCM functionality provides precise positioning trough NTRIP (Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol). This protocol is a standard for streaming differential GPS (DGPS) data over the Internet.
RTCM activation requires from a previous registration in one of the NTRIP stream providers available. Select the stream provider according to the location of your operation. Some examples of NTRIP providers are IGS.IP or EUREF.
Once registered, you will receive the following data from the NTRIP provider: URL, Port, User, Password
In order to activate precise positioning functionality in Veronte, NTRIP user data must be loaded in Veronte Autopilot. Go to the setup menu in the Veronte Autopilot unit (Setup / Veronte Autopilot / Devices / Sensors / GPS / Configuration) and follow these steps:
- Enable NTRIP
- Enter NTRIP server data and user as follows
- Click on for connecting to the server
- From the displayed list select the desired stream and click on select
RTCM performance can be monitored by using the following system variables:
- DGPS Navigation off: This variable is active when NTRIP data is being used in the navigation.
- DGPS input off: This variable is active when NTRIP data is being received in the PC.
- GPS accuracy: Shows GPS signal precision.