This menu is used to configure the parameters related with the GPS.
In the configuration menu, the user can select between two different options: Navigation and Differential mode.
Navigation mode is the common use of the GPS, where the position is determined according to the time that it takes the signal to arrive to the receptor from a series of satellites.
GPS Sensor Configuration – NAVmod
- GPS Position Error and Velocity Error: here are set the variances of the GPS sensor, being also possible to use the ones that are received at the platform from the satellites signals.
The differential mode of the GPS consists of a series of ground stations that broadcast the difference between the measured pseudorange and the actual pseudorange (distance from the satellite to the station). This error is emitted by the ground station and the aircraft, with this information, can correct its pseudorange and then improve its position accuracy.
GPS Sensor Configuration – DIFFmode
- Pseudorange: here the user indicates the error variance of the pseudorange, which is the distance from the aircraft to the GPS satellite, obtained by multiplying the time that the signal takes to arrive to the receiver by the speed of light.
- Carrier: The carrier phase measurement is a measure of the range between a satellite and receiver expressed in units of cycles of the carrier frequency.
- Doppler: GPS units can use measurements of the Doppler shift of the signals received to compute velocity accurately.
- Base position: indicate the position of the ground station that broadcasts the error on the pseudorange.
NTRIP stands for Networked Transport of RTCM vía Internet Protocol, and is a way to transmit the position corrections from the ground stations to the GPS receiver. There is more information about this topic on section 188.8.131.52 .
The Ublox menu contains the parameters to configure the GPS receiver located in Veronte Autopilot.
GPS Sensor Ublox
The Message rate options are used to set the time between the messages received at the autopilot. Each one of the different messages can be configured separately: ECEF (earth centred, earth fixed reference system), LLH (latitude, longitude and height), Speed, GPS Time, SV Status (state of the GPS satellite) and so on.
SBAS means Satellite Based Augmentation System. It is a set of geostationary satellites that are used to check the status of the signals sent by the GPS Satellites, and to improve the tracking via the correction of atmospheric disturbations, orbit deviations, clock errors and so on. In Veronte Pipe, it is possible to select the satellites that will be used for this purpose (selecting the number that appears in the table of the previous figure), or make the software to automatically choose them according to the location of the platform.